Monday, March 1, 2010

The Hidden Job Market

Have you ever considered how hidden "The Hidden Job Market" really is? Last week during the career club that I lead we decided to focus on the hidden job market during our next couple meetings. One of our group hadn't heard of it.

Now, I've heard of it. It's huge, hidden (duh), time consuming, energy sapping and doesn't always seem like a profitable focus in our search for a new job. I mean, honestly, there are so many jobs listed on all those job sites....

So how do we do this? I don't know, but I do know that I'm going to get better at it. And so is everyone in our career club. We are all going to learn, and then we're going to focus. We're going to get better, to get noticed, to get interviews, and hopefully we're going to get jobs.

What secret do I want to share about the hidden job market? For me it's knowing that if I want to put some quality focus on it, it isn't secret or hidden, but it's there for the taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment