Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Reducing risk and increasing the comfort level to our potential employers during our search for employment.

While browsing through blogs today (http://imagefoundry.blogspot.com/I saw this topic. "How can I lower the risk my customers feel when deciding whether or not to buy from me?"

What a relevant question!! It suggests several things that we need to consider and respond to in our own job search.
  1. What items/circumstances about me would a potential employer consider to be a risk if they want to consider hiring me?
  2. How can I mitigate that risk and make it more "comfortable" for the employer?
  3. What will my response be if a potential employer addresses this risk with me?

Personally, I have been passed over for consideration because the company considered non-local resources to be a flight risk. What other situations have you considered, and what are your mitigation plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment